The Foundation for Embryonic Competence is a not-for profit clinical diagnostic and clinical based research laboratory. Our state-of-the-art facilities in Basking Ridge, New Jersey have the latest equipment available to provide a comprehensive range of services. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Senior Bioinformatician to provide expertise in project management and technical implementation. As part of a diverse team of scientists, physicians, and other clinical professionals, the Senior Bioinformatician is expected to bring a comprehensive knowledge of bioinformatics and genomics and apply it toward identifying and addressing questions related to improving reproductive technologies.
The right candidate will have the following key competencies:
- Well organized and able to multitask several projects simultaneously;
- Fluency in R and Python, including common graphics packages (e.g. ggplot2 and matplotlib);
- Able to develop, maintain, and query databases;
- Proficient working in a Linux environment;
- Use of version control systems;
- Advanced knowledge of microarray and next-generation sequencing analysis of exomes and whole genomes, including SNV/indel, CNV, and methylation analyses;
- Experience with public data and annotation repositories, including UCSC, dbSNP, ClinVar, and 1000 Genomes;
- Strong background in machine learning and statistical methods for large-scale data, and
- Conceptual understanding of genetics, molecular biology, and common biological techniques.
- Advanced degree in Bioinformatics or related field, or commensurate experience;
- Track record of publications, commercial products, or significant contribution to open source bioinformatics projects;
- Experience leading projects and people;
- Experience in a clinical setting and understanding of clinical laboratory regulations is a plus;
- Ability to communicate accurately and concisely, and
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
We offer a competitive, comprehensive compensation package. Interested candidates should forward CV and contact information to: resume @ FAEEC.com. EOE