Senior Engineer/Chief Engineer
The Department of Informatics http://www.uib.no/en/ii is searching a Senior Engineer/Chief Engineer, for a full time, permanent position.
The successful candidate will have his/her main responsibility within our Computational Biology Unit - CBU. CBU is developing, operating, and supporting e-infrastructure systems for users in the life sciences.
Important tasks will be related to the e-infrastructure components of Elixir Norway and the Sea Lice Research Center. Through these and other projects, CBU support many centers and groups both in Bergen and elsewhere with bioinformatics infrastructure and expertise. Typical end-user projects involve handling of large-scale, often sensitive, data, combined with computationally demanding analyses. Our system development process is rapid and dynamic, and needs to adapt to changing requirements in the scientific projects served by the infrastructure.
Documented experience with:
- system administration of linux/unix systems
- large scale storage-systems
Big plus if you have:
- Experience in programming (shell, perl, python, java) and from working as part of a software development team
- Knowledge about life science data and bioinformatics analysis pipelines are also an advantage, but not a requirement for the position.
- Exciting and varied work tasks in an international environment.
- Salary according to qualification levels 58-66 (code 1181 Senior Engineer), or 53-58 (code 1087 Chief Engineer).
- That's 491,400 - 569,700 NOK (57,862 - 67,082 EUR / 72,323 - 83,739 US-$) gross for senior engineer position
- For especially well qualified applicants, a higher salary may be considered.
- Flexible working hours.
- Excellent welfare and social security
- Membership in the Government Pension Fund, which implies a good service plan, offers mortgages to favorable conditions and workmen's compensation and group.
- Read more about what UiB can offer
This is my short subjective summary, for more information on the application - and legaleeze - see the official announcement at: http://www.jobbnorge.no/en/available-jobs/job/106963/senior-engineer-chief-engineer
Note: You have to apply only via the jobbnorge recruiting system, where you can create an account and upload your CV and enter qualifications. Applications received via other channels cannot be considered.
Apply here directly (you need to register first)
Application deadline 20 November 2014.