Sequenom Laboratories, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sequenom, Inc., is a CAP accredited and CLIA-certified molecular diagnostics laboratory, dedicated to the development and commercialization of laboratory-developed tests (LDTs) for prenatal and ophthalmic diseases and conditions.
As a life sciences company, Sequenom (NASDAQ: SQNM) has a guiding vision: To improve healthcare by providing revolutionary genomic and genetic analysis solutions for the clinical research and molecular diagnostic markets.
What makes this vision a reality? Our deep commitment to "Quality of Science." For us, only the highest quality is acceptable. Sequenom team members thrive in a "science first" environment where ideas and innovation are part of daily life. This is your opportunity to work on cutting-edge science that is revolutionizing patient care.
Our innovation-driven culture means life at Sequenom is fast-paced, dynamic, and fun with rewarding benefits and performance rewards. With a clear vision for the future, all employees have the opportunity to make a difference and are encouraged to share new ideas. We foster a collaborative work environment and encourage curiosity at all levels. Our corporate headquarters is located in the heart of San Diego’s life sciences community, less than a mile from the beach.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Bioinformatics Scientist II who will be responsible for genomic data analysis. The ideal candidate must be able to work in a collaborative research environment and be able to provide evidence of relevant research expertise in the form of presentations, software, technical publications, and/or knowledge of applications.
- Perform statistical and bioinformatic analyses of experimental data produced by Next generation sequencing instruments, qPCR, and other genomic methods.
- Conduct data mining over internally produced and publicly available data sets
- Provide analysis information to management to aid in decision making on the development of new laboratory developed tests
- Provide bioinformatics support for the commercial launch of molecular diagnostic tests
- Master's degree required, PhD preferred in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Computational Biology/Bioinformatics or related field
- Minimum of 5 years work experience, preferably in a commercial biotechnology setting
- Experience with technology development and commercialization desirable
- Experience in biological sequence analysis and next-generation sequencing data
- Strong knowledge of human genetics and biology
- Strong background in statistical and exploratory data analysis
- Experience with analyzing data from high throughput systems including next generation sequencing, microarray, highly-multiplexed PCR, and/or proteomic systems.
- Proficiency with at least one of the following statistical computing and graphics languages: R (Preferred), S-PLUS, Matlab, SAS
- Programming experience in Java, Python or Perl and experience with databases and SQL highly desirable
- Experience in a Linux HPC environment
- Experience with Laboratory Developed Tests (LDT) desirable
- Experience developing under Design Control environment desirable
Sequenom is an EOE - Minority/Female/Disability/Vets
Apply online at https://www.sequenom.com