Researcher in Informatics - Genomics and Computational Biology
About the position:
We are recruiting a talented bioinformatician for a 3-year position directed towards analysis of high-throughput data from technologies such as NGS sequencing and proteomics as well as more general bioinformatics analysis projects.
The successful applicant will be part of the Computational Biology Unit Service group at the University of Bergen, the Norwegian Bioinformatics Platform helpdesk and the larger ELIXIR.NO project.
Deadline Dec 15, 2014
- starting salary of NOK 482,000 (~55,000 Euro)
- a competitive and stimulating work environment
- a good pension scheme in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund.
- The ideal candidate has a PhD in a relevant discipline (computer science, molecular biology, biostatistics, mathematics) and expertise and experience within bioinformatics, statistics and analysis of data from high throughput molecular experiments.
- It is required that the candidate is familiar with the fundamentals of molecular biology, and has excellent programming skills for data analysis, preferably in R and/or a scripting language such as Perl or Python.
- Experience in different operating systems, knowledge of databases and web programming will be considered as advantageous. Statistics and machine learning course work and/or demonstrated application of those in previous research is also beneficial.
- We expect enthusiasm and independence as well as the ability to work in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- English language is a requirement.
- Additional information about the position is available from the leader of CBU, Professor Inge Jonassen, e-mail: Inge.Jonassen@ii.uib.no
Please click on the 'APPLY' button below to begin your application.
Deadline: Dec 15th 2014