Name of the post: Senior Bioinformatics Engineer
No. of post: 1
Location: NCL Venture Center, Pashan, Pune, India
inDNA Research Labs, a startup in the clinical genomics space, is currently seeking a talented, motivated and experienced Bioinformatician. As a Bioinformatics engineer, you will be part of our research and development team and work on a variety of project with a focus on developing a clinical genomics/NGS platform.
- PhD or masters degree in bioinformatics
- Minimum 4 years of job experience
- Good exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data sets. Hands-on experience with sequence alignment and variant analysis using NGS.
- Familiarity with elementary concepts of genetics (chromosome, gene, allele, transcript, CNV, SNP/InDel)
- Experience with data analysis tools and hands-on skills with languages such as R, Perl or Python.
- Experience with TCGA and COSMIC datasets. Good understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (For example: GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP etc).
- Proficiency in communicating an understanding of genetics details
- You have an enthusiastic can-do mentality and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Participate in testing, implementing, designing, and deploying NGS clinical diagnostics pipelines and systems.
- Database integration: Compilation and integration of the bioinformatics resources used to analyze different types of cancer datasets
- Data analysis: Exploring different tools/packages which are used for clinical next generation sequencing data analysis
- Collaborate with internal technical team or external partners in understanding requirements for tools development to enhance workflow efficiency and robustness
Interested candidates should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org