Before I go into inkscape, I thought I will ask the hive (as googling doesn't help too much). Does anyone know of a tool to visualise the protein domains schematically?
Particularly I am looking for something like PROSITE MyDomains, but with the following features:
- [A Must] Ability to visualise overlapping domains, PROSITE tool does that in a bit of a weird way
- [A Must] Indication of positions at the endpoints of said domains. The ruler of PROSITE does not cut it.
- [A must] some way to do this programatically, PROSITE is actually okay about this.
- [nice to have] non visually-awful output
- [nice to have] vector graphics output.
Anyone out there know of anything? There are quite a few visualisations of these domains in literature, I really don't want to believe they are all done manually.