There are several posts already on Biostars regarding the online courses which we could take for bioinformatics. I try to link all together and also included some websites, where the earlier workshops materials could be found:
1. Where To Look For Quality Bioinformatics Short Courses And Workshops?
2. What Are The Best Bioinformatics Course Materials And Videos (Available Online)?
3. Bioinformatics online course
4. What Bioinformatics 101 Courses Are Recommended?
12. Resources For Video/Webcasts Of Talks/Seminars/Courses
UPDATE: May, 2015
36. A few words for R beginners
UPDATE: June, 2015
37. SIB Tutorials
38. Resources listed by The Griffith Lab
40. Current Topics in Genome Analysis 2014 (collection of educational lectures)
41. Courses at Texas
42. Online Bioinformatics Resources Collection
43. edx courses
44. Bioinformatics For Metagenomic Analyses
UPDATE: July, 2015
46. R cheatsheat
47. Data Visualization with ggplot2
UPDATE: September, 2015
UPDATE: December, 2015
51. Co-op/Internships and Summer Research Opportunities
UPDATE: January, 2016
52. Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics Training Portal
53. Git and Github
UPDATE: February, 2016
UPDATE: March, 2016
UPDATE: May, 2016
58. Google C++ Guide
UPDATE: June, 2016
59. Nature Computational Biology Primer collection.
60. Up-to-date RNA-Seq Analysis Training/Courses/Papers (Dec 2017).
61. Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics Virtual Computational Seminar series
UPDATE: January, 2017
62. Why you should master R (even if it might eventually become obsolete)?
63. Why R is the best data science language to learn today.
64. Introduction to Probability and Statistics Using R.
65. The Basics of Bayesian Statistics.
UPDATE: March, 2017
66. Statistics for Biologists.
UPDATE: August, 2017
67. HarvardX Biomedical Data Science Open Online Training.
68. Self paced Data Science course
UPDATE: May, 2018
Thank you Deepak for your contribution. It's a great help!
The coursera link is a bit outdated, here is a new one: https://www.coursera.org/courses?query=bioinformatics
For this course I should pay, do you know courses like this but free one?
Are you talking about the Coursera courses?
These are absolutely free, as far as I know. You only have to pay, if you want to earn a certification.
I applied for coursera but just found 1 min description about course which I had clicked on after that I think demanded money...
Please, paste the link here.
I found just 1 min about R in a video after that nothing
or here https://www.coursera.org/course/pythonlearn
There just 2 min introduction, then where is the course itself?
Sorry Deepak for first link I pasted above I could find some videos right now...i think I should search thoroughly...
On the right side of the page, you could see the session. You should select the session. If you select the previous sessions, you could see the videos of previous lectures.
Thank you, you know I applied for coursera long time ago but thinking it is not free left searching more in coursera website!
Have you tried Code School?
This can also be helpful to many people looking at this page, since I got a lot of positive response from people after posting the workflow :)
A few words for R beginners
It is, indeed!
I think you didn't checked the links. I mentioned it in link 36.
Oh! No I didn't in fact. I was not expecting cuz. That's a lot of time and effort precisely gathering all these info together. I appreciate that.
man ham dar R kamelan mobtadi hastam Parham,
hich moshkeli nist sarah manam mobtadiam. see if the link I shared can do any help :)
Ako sa o angličtinu ?
Entä Englanti ?
Kā par angļu?
What about english?
Tā skaista valoda!
Se on kaunis kieli!
To je lep jezik!
merc...hope to learn R
ok sure Deepak
its one great post..