All About Us
Headquartered in San Diego, California, Illumina (NASDAQ: ILMN), is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of next generation life science tools and integrated systems for large-scale analysis of genetic variation and biological function. These systems are enabling studies that were not even imaginable just a few years ago, and moving us closer to the realization of personalized medicine. With the innovative advances in our sequencing technologies, we are rapidly impacting the clinical market in areas such as reproductive health and oncology. The expanding Illumina oncology portfolio of next- generation sequencing NGS and microarray technologies is revolutionizing cancer genomics research. Our customers include a broad range of academic, government, pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and other leading institutions around the globe.
lllumina has experienced phenomenal growth from $10 million in revenues in 2002 to over $1.4 billion in 2013. Forbes named Illumina #1 on the 2009 list of 25 Fastest-Growing Technology Companies in the United States, the second time over a three year period that Forbes ranked Illumina #1 on its list of rapidly growing technology companies. Illumina was also named #1 smartest company in the world as part of MIT’s 2014 Technology Review. As of August 2014, the company had a $24 billion market capitalization.
Illumina Customer Solutions is seeking an experienced Bioinformatics Service Product Manager (SPM) who can drive the incubation and commercialization of bioinformatics professional services as part of the total solutions for Illumina NGS platforms and applications serving customers across research, translational, clinical and applied markets. The SPM will have strong domain expertise in bioinformatics workflow, applications specific pipelines, use cases and hands-on experience working in a biotechnology (RUO or clinical), medical device, genomics, or pharmaceutical company. The SPM must also demonstrate excellent product management, marketing and communication skills driving the creation, go-to-market, and expansion of bioinformatics services globally.
All About You
- Define market requirements and synthesize customer input by conducting VOC and market research to understand key market trends, use cases, customer requirements, user and buyer personas, and competitive activities across geographies and market segments
- Define service models and differentiated new service offerings that effectively address customer needs and maximize commercial potential
- Partner with cross-functional teams (New Product Transfer, Professional Services, BU Product Marketing, Regional Service & Support, Sales, Corporate Marketing, Finance, etc.) to develop and market new bioinformatics service opportunities which drive the growth of professional service P&L
- Define go-to-market strategy. Organize and execute global product launch activities cross functionally including developing positioning, value proposition, sales training, collateral and demand generation strategies.
- Set and maintain bioinformatics service pricing. Align with rest of the SPMs on global pricing strategies including distributors and 3rd party partners
- Develop initial sales tools and identify and fill gaps post launch to maximize sales effectiveness
- Manage the entire bioinformatics service product life cycle and assist in long-term service roadmap development
- Other responsibilities as required
- At least 5 years of experience in a product management or marketing role in Life Sciences, Genomics, Medical Device, or Pharmaceutical industries
- At least 3 years of super user experience in NGS Bioinformatics
- Experience bringing bioinformatics service products to market a strong plus
- Good understanding of NGS data flow and analysis tools, including data generation, read mapping, and application specific analysis etc.
- Ability to plan for compute and storage needs based on project scale and frequency.
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure and NGS data management strongly preferred
- Must have customer-facing experience and familiarity working with sales organizations
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills with P&L responsibility preferred
- A strong ‘can do’ attitude and self-starter in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong powers of persuasion, a proven negotiator who can drive to success
- Advanced degree (M.S. or PhD) in Computational Biology, NGS bioinformatics, Biostatics or related field required
- MBA strongly preferred
EOE / Minorities / Females / Veterans / Disabled