The department of Human Genetics of the University Hospital of Liège is looking for a bioinformatician who is interested in designing, developing, and managing data analysis solutions that have direct impact on Medical management of patients.
Our department develops NGS diagnostics tests in the field of human genetics requiring robust data analysis, in order to implement these tests in a diagnostic medical context.
- Development and validation of NGS data analysis pipelines in diagnostics
- Development of quality control and data management tools
- Interacting/collaborating with internal and different national bioinfomatics teams
- Writing and presenting reports
- Organizing internal training sessions
Desired Skills and Experience
- Master Level Degree in either Engineering, Computational Biology, Computer Sciences or Physics with a complementary Master in Bioinformatics
- Experience in bioinformatics
- Knowledge in probabilities and statistics
- Background in data management and analysis
- Solid experience in NGS data handling, distributed computing, development and maintenance of NGS pipelines
- Excellent programming skills and experience in Perl/Python and R
- Fluent in English; knowledge of Dutch and French is an asset
- Candidates are expected to be autonomous and have personal initiative regarding their field of expertise as well as be able to work effectively as part of a team.
- A full time contract
- You will be based in Liège (Belgium)
Review of applications starts on August 24. Please send your application letter, including your CV and the names of 2 referees, to email@example.com