The RCSB PDB is seeking exceptional Developers, and we know we're not alone in our search. So why choose to work with us? Our team values open discussion and contribution. Starting from your first day, you will shape software and services used by thousands of people around the world. Our organization can trace its lineage back to the 1970's, but we still operate like a start up. Have a great idea, let's hear it. Want to try a new technology, let's learn it. Want to write code at scale, let's do it. Everyone at our organization is passionate about what we do, and that is why we are leaders in our field. We want to hear from skilled Developers, people passionate about their craft and what they can bring to the field.
We are looking for two experienced Developers to join our team of agile software Developers at the University of California, San Diego. By joining our team, a successful applicant would be able to contribute to a variety of projects ranging from:
- Our core business is our website and web services
- Middleware development that leverages Memcached, Hibernate and RabbitMQ
- How we scale to meet tens of thousands of unique users every day
- Back end development using Java, MySQL/MariaDB, and NoSQL solutions
- How we incorporate and add value to the scientific community
- Special projects
- Search using Apache Solr
- Scalable solutions built on top of OpenStack, Hadoop, and Spark
The RCSB Protein Data Bank (www.rcsb.org) is one of the world's leading biological databases with more than 300,000 unique users per month from over 160 countries. It enables access to the singular global archive of the three-dimensional structures of proteins and nucleic acids and is a key resource for the design of new medicines, biofuels, nanomaterials, and enables fundamental discoveries in biology and medicine.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Demonstrable experience with database design and systems
- Experience with NoSQL database systems, object-relational mapping using Hibernate and distributed parallel computing is a plus
- Citable experience using agile software development and test-driven design
For more requirements or to apply, please view the UCSD job page.
Peter Rose, Ph.D.
Site Head, RCSB Protein Data Bank West (http://www.rcsb.org/)
Principal Investigator, Structural Bioinformatics Laboratory (http://bioinformatics.sdsc.edu/)
San Diego Supercomputer Center (http://www.sdsc.edu/)
University of California, San Diego