Position: Postdoctoral Fellow and/or Research Scientist - Dr. Zeynep H. Gumus - Computational Genomics
Description: The Gumus lab at the Institute for Genomics & Multiscale Biology at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine is seeking talented, ambitious individuals to conduct analyses of genomics datasets to identify cancer predisposing mutations. We study next-generation sequencing data using ultra fast computing. The work is highly interdisciplinary, involving knowledge of computational genomics, statistical genomics, software engineering, data visualization. We have close collaborations with basic and clinical laboratories to validate our results.
Desired skills/experience: The ideal candidate has the following skills. Applicants with deep experience in related fields are also encouraged to apply.
- Deep experience in analysis of next-generation sequencing data (RNA-sequencing, exome-sequencing, whole-genome sequencing)
- Experience in programming related to next-generation sequencing
- Experience in network biology, statistical learning, machine learning, etc is a plus
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team effort
- Degree in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, or related field
About Mount Sinai: Internationally regarded for its dedication to medical science, Mount Sinai is home to an array of leading research institutes, centers, and laboratories, all of which work towards rapidly translating advances in basic science into innovative patient care.
Lab website: The Gumus lab