A strange R limma voom function mean-variance trend
1
0
Entering edit mode
5.8 years ago

Hi to the experts,

I am new to RNA-Seq analysis and tried using limma on my data. After voom transformation, I get something like in the image attached. I double checked the metadata used for creating the DGElist and they all seem fine. Has anybody seen a trend like this? I cannot figure out what might be causing this. If you could please explain, would be more than great. I am really stuck in this and want to get out of it so badly... The link to the image is here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx6HyClNrtOXS1RpMnJYUE9ZZEk

Thanks a lot in advance.

limma mean variance trend R RNA-Seq • 2.6k views
ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

OP, did you ever figure this out? I see something similar if I don't filter out lowly expressed genes but do still see a strong positive relationship after doing so

ADD REPLY
0
Entering edit mode
5.8 years ago

Hi all,

I managed to find out the reason behind this. I have used improperly mapped BAM files in the initial steps. I reckon it's a rookie mistake that no one should do, but could happen if you are as careless as me. So trying to double check the BAM file quality after mapping would save you from lots of heartache.

Cheers!

ADD COMMENT
0
Entering edit mode

For future reference I wasn't able to view your image, it wanted me to sign in. Maybe it needs to be shared differently, or maybe it is just me. 

ADD REPLY
0
Entering edit mode

I'm really sorry about that. Yes there was a permission problem with it. Thank you for pointing it out.

ADD REPLY

Login before adding your answer.

Traffic: 1513 users visited in the last hour
Help About
FAQ
Access RSS
API
Stats

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Powered by the version 2.3.6