Agilent Laboratories, which strives to power the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and skilled researcher to work as part of a multidisciplinary team developing technologies to accelerate the process of optimizing production of biomolecules in bacterial and yeast strains to commercially-relevant levels of production.
The successful candidate will combine statistical analysis, machine learning and software engineering to develop, test and apply tools that integrate external database information and chemically derived data to produce state-of-the-art system for analysis of biosynthetically important metabolites.
Agilent is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. We provide instruments, reagents and consumables, software and applications expertise to life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide.
• M.S., Ph.D. or equivalent experience in an area of Computer Science, Bioinformatics,
Mathematics, or other relevant field
• 2+ years of software development and data science experience
• Strong expertise in machine learning, data mining and algorithm development
• Fluency in one or more object-oriented programming languages such as Java, C# or C++
• Fluency in R, Python or equivalent
• Experience with maintenance of web-based applications
• Self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision with strong problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication, teamwork and leadership skills
• Experience working on multi-person software development teams
• Software project management
• Background in Mass Spectrometry, Analytical Chemistry, Metabolomics, Proteomics
• Knowledge of databases, SQL, relational databases
• Experience with Cloud-based technologies
• Experience with Agilent Mass Spectrometry software
• Experience developing production software in a corporate environment working as part of multi-disciplinary team
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.