This role is to provide Bioinformatics verification and validation support for Illumina’s data analysis software. Develop, improve, and maintain test automation frameworks, standards, and tools. You will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation for Illumina DNA microarray and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis software locally and in the cloud.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for Bioinformatics data analysis software.
- Develop, improve, and maintain test automation frameworks and continuous Integration pipelines.
- Develop tools and utilities for Bioinformatics verification and validation.
- Develop test deliverables and analyze the results of Bioinformatics pipelines using internal and 3rd party Bioinformatics software.
- Work with software developers, Bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification and validation process.
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Biology, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
- Working experience with Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (bash or Python) and object-oriented programming (C#, C++, or Java).
- Solid understanding of genetics, DNA microarray, NGS technique, and human genome analysis.
- Working experience with Bioinformatics tools and algorithm for NGS is preferred.
- Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL), Cloud computing (such as Amazon Web Services), and web service is preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org