Postdoctoral Fellow or Senior Scientist– Bioinformatics/ Integrative Genomics
The Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City is seeking a talented, self-motivated individual to participate in cutting edge research as a member of the Bunyavanich Lab at the Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology. The Institute is led by Dr. Eric Schadt. The successful applicant will be part of an interdisciplinary team led by Dr. Supinda Bunyavanich that applies computational analysis and bioinformatics to interpret multi-scale data generated from subjects with asthma and allergic diseases.
- Analyze next generation sequencing data, including whole genome, RNA-Seq, 16S rRNA, metagenome, and methylation data.
- Develop and implement statistical methods and software to analyze next generation sequencing data for genetic risk, disease mechanism, and drug response. Projects will include network construction and mining.
- Integrate and translate genetic, genomic, eQTL, structural, and clinical data into novel diagnostics, therapeutics and disease mechanisms
- Maintain complex next generation sequence and array datasets linked to clinical data.
- Communicate progress with PI regularly and contribute to the success of the research team.
- Develop and maintain productive collaborations within Mount Sinai and with outside researchers in academia and industry.
- Publish and present novel research findings in academic journals and conferences
- Some supervision of trainees and technical staff may also be required.
- PhD in bioinformatics, computer science, computational biology, genomics, or a related field.
- Outstanding programming skills in R, Perl, Python, Java, C++, and Unix shell scripting.
- Excellent track record of analyzing next generation sequencing data. Experience in network analysis a plus.
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistics, statistical genetics, bioinformatics concepts, methods and tools. Familiarity with genomic data tools, repositories, and databases.
- Strong attention to detail and solid analytical skills.
- Ability to work hard and independently while contributing to the team effort and adhering to deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with track record of productive collaborations.
- Demonstrated ability to work concurrently on several projects, and good understanding of analytic complexities to do independent research as well as assist other researchers.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter to Dr. Supinda Bunyavanich (Supinda.Bunyavanich at mssm.edu).
Please visit the Bunyavanich lab for more information on our research group.
The Institute for Genomics and Multiscale Biology at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai seeks to comprehensively integrate the digital universe of information into research, training, and patient care and to develop programs that prepare students for careers in the future of healthcare and data science.