About Seven Bridges
Seven Bridges Genomics is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. Voted “Best of Show: Informatics Tools and Data” at Bio-IT World 2013, we democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalized medicine a reality.
The flexibility of our platform, in the hands of our large team of experts, allows us to collaborate with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders, and we are currently enabling many such efforts. We are also excited to have been selected to participate in the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Cloud Pilot, which will accelerate and expand our vision.
As a Product Manager of Developer Tools, you will work with our engineering and product teams to promote, document, and improve our SDK and API, on which our users depend, as well as open-source tools such the Common Workflow Language and Rabix.
- With input from our external-facing teams, help plan the development schedule for these tools;
- Work with the product development managers and their engineering teams;
- Be the users' advocate in building the product, but also know when to focus;
- Discuss these tools with, and promote them to, the community;
- Educate customers and the community on the utility of our developer tools;
- Suggest new tools and features;
- Go to conferences, read avidly, and, more generally, stay on the cutting edge of your subject.
You must have...
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent collaborative skills, both within the company and in the larger community;
- Strong insight into practical problems of software engineering;
- The desire to learn every detail of our portfolio of developer tools;
- The desire to build new and useful things;
- The desire to travel;
- The ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines;
- The desire to help a company grow quickly and sustainably.
It would be nice if you also have…
- Some knowledge of genomics, bioinformatics, or data science more generally;
- Experience in community engagement (perhaps with experience maintaining a blog, a Twitter feed, or a public-access TV show);
- Experience in grant writing and academic publishing.
We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer a relaxed and open work environment, great work conditions, and first-hand involvement in one of the most exciting fields of science that is laying down the foundations of modern personalized medicine.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomic analysis tools, please apply here: https://app.jobvite.com/j?aj=oMFK1fwW&s=biostars