The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. IMB focuses on epigenetics, DNA repair and developmental biology and offers premium scientific core facilities (see www.imb-mainz.de/core-facilities).
The Bioinformatics Core Facility supports the IMB researchers and external collaborators in performing high-throughput data processing, analysis, visualisation and interpretation, as well as by providing IT infrastructure, teaching and consulting services. We are looking for a highly motivated Bioinformatician (m/f) with enthusiasm for academic and translational biomedical research to join our team.
· Support biomedical scientists in the experimental planning, processing, analysis and publication of transcriptomic and epigenomic next-generation sequencing (NGS) data
· Analyse and integrate various “omics” datasets for solving complex scientific questions
· Contribute to the development of NGS analysis workflows and pipelines
· University degree or postgraduate training in computational biology / bioinformatics
· Extensive (2+ years) experience in the analysis of NGS data, particularly ChIP-seq and RNA-seq
· Solid programming skills in scripting and/or compiled languages
· Familiarity with Linux / Unix environment and compute clusters
· Sound knowledge of statistics and R / Bioconductor
· Proficiency in written and spoken English
· Good organisational, communication and interpersonal skills
· Experience in interdisciplinary collaborations or bioinformatics services
· Familiarity with contemporary biomedical topics and translational research
· Involvement in exciting projects in molecular biology and translational epigenetics
· Stimulating, diverse and international research environment
· Flexible working hours and advanced training opportunities
· Competitive salary and favourable pension scheme
IMB is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications should be in English and sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least two professional references quoting Ref. No. CFBIO09 to personal(at)imb-mainz.de.
Starting date: First half of 2016 with an initial contract for 2 years including an option for Extension.
Deadline for applications: 31st January 2016