The Center for Personalized Diagnostics (CPD) at the University of Pennsylvania is seeking bioinformaticians. A qualified candidate will be strongly motivated individual with following qualifications:
* B.S. or Master’s degree in bioinformatics, computational or physical sciences or a related field with at least 1 year of practical experience analyzing next-generation sequencing data.
* Solid programming and debugging skills in Java, Python, or other high-level programming environments.
* Experience in Illumina sequencing data and bioinformatics pipelines.
* Experience in the use of bioinformatics software, packages, and databases, preferably in the cancer genomics area.
* Familiarity with build systems, version control and other standard development tools.
* Proficiency in shell programming and high performance cluster computing.
* Demonstrated experience in design and implementation of SQL and/or nonSQL databases (MongoDB or other) is a pluse.
* Ability to work both independently and a team environment of a rapidly evolving genomic diagnostic center.
* Excellent time management as well as oral and written communication skills. Good organizational skills.
Further information and the instruction to apply can be found at https://goo.gl/sgsfal or at www.pennmedicine.org/careers/ search for Job ID #: 55781