Are you a bioinformatician interested in using your expertise to help build innovative products that will reshape the world of sports genetics? Athletigen is a sports genetics startup with a vision to create products to take personalized training to the next level. We use technologies from genetics, big data and other state of art web and mobile technologies with the goal of engaging the international sport and science communities. We are growing fast and we're looking to add talent to our team that encompass our company's core values:
- Champion the mission: You feel strongly about sports and technology
- Teamwork: You empower the people around you to be better; You listen attentively, speak candidly, treat others respectfully, and put the interests of team ahead of yourself.
- Transparency: You openly share information within and between teams to minimize miscommunication and waste, and maximize alignment and productivity
- Character: You are humble but confident in your abilities to execute; you bring intensity and resilience in a fast paced team environment.
- Ownership: You take pride in your work; you hold yourself to a high standard; you show finish driving progress forward and powering your tasks to completion.
- Problem solving: You offer solutions instead of highlighting problems; if you see something wrong you fix it; you're organized and agile enough to deal with multiple projects simultaneously
As part of the sports science and genetics team, you are expected to play a critical role in bringing science and technology together by:
- Participating in building state of art DNA analytics engine using different technologies such as python, R, big data systems and REST services.
- Facilitating collaboration between geneticists and sports scientists through your deep knowledge of human genetics, public databases (ensembl, dbSNP, the 1000 Genomes Project, HapMap, etc.), GWAS and statistical analysis.
- Analyzing loads of genetic data and create dazzling visualizations to help guide advances into new areas of research and inform new features to provide our users.
- Engage in cutting edge research collaborations with outside partners and be involved in high impact scientific publications that expand our knowledge of genetics and sport performance.
Skills you bring
- MSc or Undergradute in Bioinformatics.
- Strong programming skills in Python and R.
- Some experience with relational databases and systems (MySQL).
- An understanding of how genetics and biochemical processes influence physiology.
- Experience using version control systems for codebase maintenance.
- Follows good code documentation practices.
- Experience running analyses in a linux environment.
- Experience with web development technologies is an asset.
- Knowledge of Java is an asset.
- A well developed sense of humour.
- Keen interest in sports and / or science is a strong asset.
To know more visit our website @ https://www.athletigen.com/about-us. We empower our employees to take independent initiative, to be creative with their problem solving and to be drivers of progress. We believe good ideas can come from anyone regardless of their background and experience level. Sound like a home for you? Send us your resume and help us take over the world.
Location: We are flexible towards remote work, under the condition that first 2 weeks are spent @ Athletigen HQ in Halifax, and with occasional travel thereafter, depending on position and location.
Contact: Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
very interesting. The link to your about-us page seems 404.