- Develop tools and automated analysis pipelines for diagnostic tests, including variant-detection tools and quality-control checks
- Develop new tools for DNA sequencing data analysis and propose improvements
- Design primers for multiplexed PCR assays
- PhD or Master's in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, Biochemistry or similar field
- 3+ years of Industry experience
- Deep understanding of DNA sequence data and its analysis (mapping, variant calling, etc.)
- Experience with public domain data sources, e.g. HapMap, dbSNP and 1000 genomes strongly preferred
- Experience programming in Java and/or C++ strongly preferred
- Experience programming in one or more scripting languages: Groovy, Ruby, Perl or Python
- Experience using Linux command-line tools and writing shell scripts
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL preferred) is a plus
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
How to Apply
About Our Organization
Natera® is a genetic testing company that develops and commercializes non-invasive methods for analyzing DNA. We operate a CAP-accredited laboratory certified under the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) in San Carlos, California, and currently offer a host of proprietary genetic testing services.
Natera’s goal is to change the way people – both providers and patients – respond to genetic diseases. We aim to do so by providing the most comprehensive and accurate genetic testing available.
Since 2009, Natera has launched seven molecular screening tests, many of which are available through major health plans accounting for more than 140 million covered lives in the United States. The Company’s own robust laboratory processes thousands of genetic tests per month.