Position: Bioinformatics Scientist
Organization: Tufts University School of Medicine
Job Location: Boston, MA 02111
We are seeking a computational biologist to work on a cutting edge bioinformatics project as part of the DARPA funded initiative called "Communicating with Computers." This is a multicenter project to use natural language to converse with computers about biological pathways with a cancer emphasis. The primary responsibility will be to develop agent based programs that can conduct dialogs regarding biological pathways. Knowledge of Natural Language Processing is helpful. The applicant should have a working knowledge of biological language, networks, databases and standards such as biopax. The applicant should be able to program in Python and have a knowledge of web based programming and SQL.
- Masters or PhD in Bioinformatics or Computational Biology
- Demonstrated programing proficiency in Python or Java
- Working knowledge of biological pathway and sequence databases
- Familiarity with KQML and SQL and web based programming protocols
- Familiarity with and NLP and computational linguistics preferred
- Must have good communication skills and ability to work cooperatively
- Must be available to start ASAP
How to apply:
Send CV to Prof. Brent Cochran at email@example.com
Tufts University is an AA/EO employer and actively seeks candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see the Tufts University non-discrimination statement.