We have a contract opening in the team as described below, please send the CV to
firstname.lastname@example.org and I will hand in to the hiring manager directly.
Job Title: Contract Bioinformatics Test and Automation Engineer
Contract Type: 6+ months
Location: San Diego, CA
This role is to provide Bioinformatics test support for Illumina’s data analysis software. As a Bioinformatics test engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation for Illumina DNA microarray and Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis software locally and in the cloud.
The successful candidate must be a fast learner with strong sense of ownership, motivation, and detail orientated.
- Work independently in cross-functional teams to lead the testing effort for Bioinformatics data analysis software.
- Develop, improve, and maintain test automation frameworks and continuous Integration pipelines.
- Develop tools and utilities for Bioinformatics verification and validation.
- Analyze the results of Bioinformatics pipelines using internal and 3rd party Bioinformatics software.
- Work with software developers, Bioinformatics scientists and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving the verification and validation process.
- Collaborate with peers to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor or Master Degree (or higher) in Bioinformatics, Computational Science, or related field from an accredited university (or foreign equivalent).
- Working experience with Bioinformatics tools and algorithm for NGS.
- Solid understanding of genetics, DNA microarray, NGS technique, and human genome analysis.
- Working experience with Linux and Windows OS, experience with scripting (bash or Python) and object-oriented programming (C#, C++, or Java) is a must.
- Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
- Familiarity with databases (such as MySQL or PostgreSQL), Cloud computing (such as Amazon Web Services), and web service is a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication and troubleshooting skills.