Genomic and transcriptional profiling of breast and ovarian cancer.
We are seeking a computational biologist with an interest in exploring genomic and transcriptional profiles in breast and ovarian cancer for a post doctoral scholarship. Our translational cancer research laboratory is interested in understanding the complexity underlying the heterogeneity in terms of biology, clinical course and treatment response in breast and ovarian cancer. The successful candidate will be involved in bioinformatics and computational analyses of omics data derived from primary human breast and ovarian cancers, public data sets and in vitro experiments. The scholarship covers a period of 6 months with possibility of prolongation up to a maximum of 24 months in total.
Desired skills and experience:
- A PhD degree in experimental or computational cancer research, or similar is required.
- Documented knowledge (e.g. publications) of handling omics data such as whole-genome/exome sequencing, microarrays or RNA-seq datasets with statistical tools is also necessary.
- Skills in programming (Java, Python, C/C++, or Perl) and statistical tools (R).
- Understanding of experimental and/or translational cancer research is essential.
- Good communication skills (English) are required.
- A high level of motivation and ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
Note: To be eligible for a post-doc scholarship at Lund University the recipient must hold a PhD degree within a relevant field. The PhD degree must not be from Lund University. The PhD degree must not be older than three year. The applicant must not have been employed at Lund University in the past two years.
Information regarding scholarships at Lund University: - The scholarship sum is paid out quarterly - A scholarship awarded will be reviewed every six months - Scholarships are tax-exempt - Scholarships do not give rise to sickness benefits, compensation from the Social Insurance Office or retirement pension. - A scholarship holder cannot be hired after the scholarship period due to tax reasons.
To apply: Please visit the Research Gate webpage at: https://www.researchgate.net/job/866529_PostDoc_Position-Computational_Biology and follow the instructions. Application deadline: 2016-04-30
For further information about the Medical Faculty at Lund University: http://www.med.lu.se