Is anyone aware of a good example workflow that incorporates some of the most common workflow motifs or patters, in bioinformatics workflows, that could be used to try out various workflow engines and see how easy it is to encode the workflow in them?
Some examples of what I mean with patterns:
- File split / Process / File join
- Map / Reduce
- Parameter sweep scatter/gather
- Nested parameter sweeps
- Cross-validation fold-generation
- Nested parameter sweeps and fold-generation
- Multiple inputs and outputs of processes
- Replicate fixed output file pattern (when a tool's output file path can't be changed)
- Unknown number of outputs (such as line-count based file split with unknown file size, or reading row-by-row from a database)
- Conditional execution based on a web service call
- ... (fill in) ...
? And if not, what is the interest in crowd-sourcing such an example?