Entering edit mode
6.9 years ago
aphatak ▴ 40
Name of the post: Junior Bioinformatics Engineer
Location: Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, India
PierianDx (http://www.pieriandx.com), a leader in the clinical genomics space, is currently seeking a talented, motivated and experienced Bioinformatician in their Pune, India office. The job involves a lot of scripting and handling large data sets.
- Masters degree in bioinformatics
- 2-3 years of job experience
- Good exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data sets.
- Experience with sequence alignment and variant analysis tools.
- Proficiency in Python programming is a must.
- Good understanding of relational databases and ability to write SQL queries
- Experience with TCGA, COSMIC and other genomic annotation data sets (e.g. : GenBank, RefSeq, dbSNP) will be a plus
- Some understanding of text data analysis will be a plus
- You have an enthusiastic can-do mentality and have good verbal and written communication skills
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Write scripts and applications to download genomic annotation datasets, parse/transform data and upload data into database.
- Develop applications/tools to improve the efficieny of the annotation team.
- Help with DevOps tasks like creating Panels, reports etc.
- Database integration: Compilation and integration of the bioinformatics resources used to analyze different types of cancer datasets
- Collaborate with internal annotation team or Development team.
Interested candidates should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org