A bioinformatician position is available starting from September 2016 in the team of Luisa Di Stefano at the CBI, Center for Integrative Biology (Université Paul Sabatier/CNRS) in Toulouse (http://cbi-toulouse.fr/fr/equipe-di-stefano). The position is aimed at a computational biologist, specialized in bioinformatics. The candidate will participate to a project incorporating results from different high-throughput technologies (ChIP-Seq, RNA-Seq) to infer biologically relevant hypotheses regarding the role of histone demethylating complexes in the control of chromatin structure and gene transcription.
- Excellent programming/data analysis skills (preference will be given to applicants with experience with linux command line and R/Bioconductor)
- Demonstrated experience in NGS and large-scale ‘omics’ data analyses
- Team player with ability to work with others from different disciplines
- Curious and motivated to learn about chromatin dynamics
- Ability to record and report results with clarity
- Excellent organization, time management, and project management skills
- Able to write and communicate in English
- Passionate about science and able to work independently
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The appointment will be for 6 months.
If you are interested in this position please send your CV and application letter to Luisa Di Stefano (email@example.com).