2-year fixed term
Exciting new role – opportunity to make your mark!
Excellent salary packaging benefits
Australian Genome Research Facility Ltd (AGRF) provides high throughput genomic services to both academics and industry. With facilities in Melbourne, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Perth, AGRF is Australia's largest contract genomics organisation, servicing the biotech, biomedical, environmental and agricultural research sectors. We place a high value on quality and maintain accreditation to the internationally recognised ISO 17025:2005 standard, and other regulatory systems.
An exciting opportunity exists for a self-driven individual to join our Brisbane team as a Senior Bioinformatician. Reporting to the Bioinformatics Manager, you will thrive in a busy environment and enjoy a challenging and varied role. Responsible for assisting in the development and promotion of Bioinformatics as a key element of AGRF's service mix, your key accountabilities include:
- Develop and maintain client relationships, ensuring customer projects are delivered and supported within contractual terms and conditions.
- Contribute to client quote requests and direct enquiries.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts to develop appropriate quotes, contracts and project models for new and ongoing work.
- Work with external and AGRF investigators to develop, trial and implement new applications and technologies.
- Work with internal and external contacts to facilitate project design and data analysis.
- Assist with testing technical advancements and development opportunities for the service.
- Maintain strong links and networks within the Bioinformatics community and with staff in key research institutions.
- Promote the growth of services by collaborating with marketing activities and technical sales support, e.g. via involvement in trade events, talks and conference activities.
- Provide supervision and direction to junior staff.
Ideally, you will possess a postgraduate qualification in Bioinformatics or a related discipline, and have postgraduate experience working in genomics/Next Generation Sequencing Bioinformatics. You will possess significant experience in the analysis of Next Generation Sequencing data, including RNAseq, ChIPseq, microRNAseq, genome assembly, 16S rRNA microbiome profiling or metagenomics.
You are an exceptional communicator, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Customer-focused, you possess highly developed interpersonal skills, with an innate ability to foster productive working relationships with relevant stakeholders. A team player who supports other team members through open ideas and knowledge exchange, you are a self-starter and finisher with a keen eye for detail. You possess strong project management skills and are adept at managing multiple priorities to required timelines.
AGRF attracts a culturally diverse group of employees who have deep expertise in their respective fields. If you would like to work with motivated, high-calibre colleagues in a creative and ethical business environment with an open and supportive culture, please forward your application, detailing in your resume how your skills and experience are relevant to this position.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated to secure the ideal candidate.
Closing Date: 30 June 2016
Applicants must have full rights to work in Australia.
Previous applicants need not apply.
Further details available here