Agilent Research Laboratories, which strives to power the growth of Agilent Technologies through breakthrough science and technology is seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and skilled computational biologist to work as part of innovative multidisciplinary team developing next generation technologies for life science research and diagnostics. Agilent Laboratories computational team focus on informatics, algorithmic, statistical and visualization aspects of technologies and systems under development. The team takes responsibility for algorithm development, data analysis and interpretation of the interdisciplinary research processes and pursues opportunities for developing novel tools in order to provide integrated solutions or workflows.
We are seeking a scientist with a strong working knowledge of the analysis of large volume, highly multiplexed molecular measurement data, including next generation sequencing data, metabolomics and proteomics data, and of other relevant aspects of bioinformatics and computational biology. The successful candidate will define, investigate, discover, invent, create, develop and apply state of the art informatics, data analysis and data visualization tools to significantly enhance Agilent’s molecular measurement technologies. This position requires a candidate with exceptional computer science expertise and hands-on abilities, broad biology and life science understanding, the ability to quickly adapt to the demands of rapidly developing projects in a collaborative work style.
The successful candidate will work in collaboration with other members of the team and will communicate progress, results, challenges and opportunities to management and technical leadership, to selected external organizations, including collaborators, and, when appropriate, to the general scientific community via presentations at scientific conferences and in peer-reviewed publications.
Agilent is the premier laboratory partner for a better world. We provide instruments, reagents and consumables, software and applications expertise to life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide. Information about Agilent, the markets it serves and Agilent Laboratories is available at http://www.agilent.com.
Agilent Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics or Mathematics with a Computational Biology or Bioinformatics emphasis. Strong background in all these areas.
- Demonstrated expertise in analyzing high volume multiplexed molecular measurement data.
- Ability to develop, implement, and apply novel and efficient data analysis algorithms.
- Demonstrated expertise in applying machine learning algorithms.
- Attention to details and demonstrated enthusiasm for developing deep and thorough understanding of complex data sets, and for translating statistical and algorithmic results into leading-edge biological or measurement insights.
- Excellent track record of working successfully as part of an inter-disciplinary team including biologists, chemists and/or engineers.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing computer programs in several major languages and platforms such as Java, and Matlab.
- Experience in developing complex software using an object oriented language.
- Scientific initiative and discipline as evidenced, for example, by peer-reviewed publications.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills for a broad technical audience.
- Good understanding of molecular biology, biochemistry, cancer biology and related subjects.
- Working knowledge of molecular biology related to modern molecular measurement techniques.
- Experience with Linux systems.
- Experience with Cloud computing.
- Experience in industrial research environment.