The Maastricht Centre for Systems Biology (MaCSBio) is the youngest research centre of Maastricht University. As an interfaculty research institute, it is part of the Faculty of Humanities and Sciences (FHS), the Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience (FPN), and the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Science (FHML). One of the goals of MaCSBio is to integrate biological data from different empirical domains using multi-scale modeling approaches. MaCSBio therefore has many collaborations with labs generating scientific data with high field MRI, mass spectrometry, genomic sequencing, gene expression profiling and metabolic profiling. This data-intensive approach for capture, storage, manipulation and analysis depends on a powerful IT-infrastructure consisting of four main servers: two VM CPU based, one CENTOS CPU based and one CPU/GPU based server.
We are looking for a scientific programmer/bioinformatician (0.8 FTE, 32hr/week) for:
- Implementing and maintaining analysis pipelines on our infrastructure and general assistance in scientific programming;
- Assistance in analysis and integration of research data sets available in-house and in public repositories;
- Data management in collaboration with the Maastricht UMC+ Research IT initiative, with special attention to data standards and interoperability, and storage in the central MUMC+ infrastructure.
Our ideal candidate is a customer orientated, well organized and analytical thinker, who additionally has:
- A BSc in (Bio)informatics or equivalent (required); Proficiency in English (required);
- Excellent communication skills (required);
- Excellent programming skills in Java, Python, R, Matlab, or equivalent languages (required);
- Experience with database and software design (MySQL, PostgreSQL);
- Experience with data management and the use of standards and ontologies;
- Experience with open source software;
- Familiarity with Linux operating systems;
- Familiarity with High Performance Computing.
We can offer you a stimulating scientific environment with excellent facilities for professional and personal development, in addition to an attractive salary.You can find more information and apply for the job via: https://www.academictransfer.com/employer/UM/vacancy/35314/lang/en/