Question: bwa sampe: paired ends with different names
0
gravatar for mufernando
4.6 years ago by
mufernando10
Brazil
mufernando10 wrote:

I'm trying to align sequences I downloaded from the SRA with the dmel reference genome. After I align each paired ended fastq with the reference (with bwa aln), I try to run bwa sampe to get the .SAM.

This part of my shell script follows:

bwa aln -n 0.1 -t 8 dmel_ref.fasta "$i"\_"1.fastq" > "$i"\_"1.sai" 2>log/"$i"\_"1.sai.log"
bwa aln -n 0.1 -t 8 dmel_ref.fasta "$i"\_"2.fastq" > "$i"\_"2.sai" 2>log/"$i"\_"2.sai.log"
bwa sampe -a 800 -r '@RG\tID:foo\tSM:bar' dmel_ref.fasta "$i"\_"1.sai" "$i"\_"2.sai" "$i"\_"1.fastq" "$i"\_"2.fastq" > "$i.sam" 2>log/"$i.sam.log"

The tail of the .sam.log (STDERR from bwa sampe) is:

[infer_isize] inferred maximum insert size: 600 (6.52 sigma)
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] time elapses: 4.27 sec
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] changing coordinates of 818 alignments.
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] align unmapped mate...
[bwa_paired_sw] 832 out of 2416 Q17 singletons are mated.
[bwa_paired_sw] 114 out of 4353 Q17 discordant pairs are fixed.
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] time elapses: 0.55 sec
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] refine gapped alignments... 0.16 sec
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] print alignments...
[bwa_sai2sam_pe_core] paired reads have different names: "SRR1525696.81815875", "SRR1525696.81815878"

How can I fix this? I didn't do any previous trimming, I just used the downloaded .fastq from SRA.

Thank you!

ADD COMMENTlink modified 4.6 years ago • written 4.6 years ago by mufernando10
2
gravatar for GenoMax
4.6 years ago by
GenoMax96k
United States
GenoMax96k wrote:

Perhaps out of sync files were uploaded to SRA by error.

Run repair.sh from BBMap (find the syntax on the linked page) to see if you can fix the issue.

ADD COMMENTlink modified 4.6 years ago • written 4.6 years ago by GenoMax96k

I've tried that already, but I get the following error:

/usr/local/bin/repair.sh: line 71: /usr/local/bin//calcmem.sh: No such file or directory
/usr/local/bin/repair.sh: line 72: parseXmx: command not found
/usr/local/bin/repair.sh: line 76: freeRam: command not found
java -ea -Xmxm -cp /usr/local/bin/current/ jgi.SplitPairsAndSingles rp in=SRR1525696_1.fastq in2=SRR1525696_2.fastq out=SRR1525696_1_fixed.fastq out2=SRR1525696_2_fixed.fastq outs=singleton.fastq
Invalid maximum heap size: -Xmxm
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.
ADD REPLYlink modified 4.6 years ago by GenoMax96k • written 4.6 years ago by mufernando10

Are all BBmap suite scripts in one folder? It appears that you may have moved repair.sh out of the BBMap folder into /usr/local/bin.

You could manually run this command in the directory where the fastq files are present.

java -ea -Xmx2g -cp /usr/local/bin/current/ jgi.SplitPairsAndSingles rp in=SRR1525696_1.fastq in2=SRR1525696_2.fastq out=SRR1525696_1_fixed.fastq out2=SRR1525696_2_fixed.fastq outs=singleton.fastq
ADD REPLYlink modified 4.6 years ago • written 4.6 years ago by GenoMax96k

oops! that was it. thanks!

ADD REPLYlink written 4.6 years ago by mufernando10
Please log in to add an answer.

Help
Access

Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Powered by Biostar version 2.3.0
Traffic: 1894 users visited in the last hour
_