A Postdoctoral Research Fellow position is available immediately in Genentech’s Oncology Biomarker Department to work in a collaborative setting in the laboratory of Sanjeev Mariathasan on projects related to cancer immunotherapy. This is a unique and rare opportunity for a post-doctoral fellow to analyze data with respect to mechanisms of efficacy and resistance from on-going clinical trials in cancer immunology at Roche/Genentech that have been game-changing for the treatment of human cancer. The position has plenty opportunities to interact and collaborate with scientists in a dynamic cancer immunotherapy community at Genentech (South San Francisco campus)
For more information about the postdoctoral program at Genentech, please visit: http://www.gene.com/careers/academic-programs/postdocs
WHO YOU ARE
Qualifications: – Applicant must have a recent doctoral degree with strong computational expertise and a robust understanding in some area of biology. Preference is given for experience in immunology, oncology, genetics, or systems biology,
– The successful applicant will have a demonstrated record of innovative scientific accomplishments as evidenced by at least one first-author paper published or accepted in a top tier journal.
– Functional mathematical and statistical skills, and a track record of applying them to complex and noisy biological data.
– Proficiency in programming using scripting languages (Perl/Python), R, and experience in standard bioinformatics toolkits and programs.
– Collaborate extensively with multi-functional teams to leverage cutting-edge technologies and expertise both internally and externally. Attend and present at international meetings and author manuscripts for publications in top-tier journals.
– Immuno-oncology PhD candidates with strong computational expertise are also encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants should send their CV, a cover letter describing your research interests and a list of 3 references. *LI-gRED-HB
WHO WE ARE
A member of the Roche Group, Genentech has been at the forefront of the biotechnology industry for more than 40 years, using human genetic information to develop novel medicines for serious and life-threatening diseases. Genentech has multiple therapies on the market for cancer & other serious illnesses. Please take this opportunity to learn about Genentech where we believe that our employees are our most important asset & are dedicated to remaining a great place to work.
The next step is yours. To apply today, click on the “Apply online” button below.
Genentech is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status. For more information about equal employment opportunity, visit our Genentech Careers page.