PierianDx India is looking for a self driven talented molecular biologist for the post of variant analyst.
- Ph.D in genetics/genomics/molecular biology with a minimum of 2 years of work experience OR
- Masters degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, genetics or biotechnology with a min. 5 years of work experience.
- Strong experimental handle on basic molecular biology techniques.
- Technical understanding in genetics, genomics of human disease and molecular biology.
- Familiarity with genomic databases, genome browsers and HGVS nomenclature
- Experience in interpretation of cancer genome variants is a plus
- Experience with analysing large genomic data sets and exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data will be a plus.
- Prior experience in a diagnostic laboratory and clinical report writing or as an experimental scientist is a big plus.
- Proficiency in communicating and understanding of genetic variant details
- Leadership qualities with an enthusiastic can-do mentality. A dedicated team-worker, having good verbal and written communication skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility of patient variants interpretation
- Summarize somatic and inherited genetic test results and generate reports
- Perform research on genes and novel sequence variants to determine clinical relevance
- Carry out QC of the data curated
- Scope out work and estimation of timeline
- Timely delivery of quality report
- Systematic documentation of daily tasks and processes
- Evaluating peer-reviewed experimental research and annotation databases
Interested candidates should send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Again, please note that the location for this job is Pune, India)