The Institute of Molecular Biology gGmbH (IMB) is a Centre of Excellence for Life Sciences funded by the Boehringer Ingelheim Foundation and located within the campus of the University of Mainz in Germany. We are currently looking for a system administrator (m/f) to assist our Bioinformatics Core Facility with IT infrastructure support.
• Perform basic server administration for the IMB (Debian Linux, Windows Server)
• Configure network services (Apache, Tomcat, NFS, Samba, SSH, Sendmail, LDAP, FTP)
• Monitor servers and network services (Nagios)
• Administer databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, MS SQL Server)
• Be responsible for network and firewall configuration; data archiving (Tivoli Storage Manager)
• Provide Linux and Windows desktop support in collaboration with the Johannes Gutenberg University Mainz’s Data Center (ZDV)
• Support and maintain the Intranet (MS SharePoint)
• Extensive experience with Linux server administration
• Practical experience in the area of high-performance computing (HPC) is advantageous
• Scripting skills in Bash and programming experience
• Service-oriented, flexible, reliable, and pro-active
• Excellent organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency in written and spoken English
• Versatile and challenging work in an international environment
• Advanced training opportunities (internal/external)
• Competitive salary and favorable pension scheme
• Option of full time or part time employment
IMB is an equal opportunity employer. General information about IMB can be found on www.imb-mainz.de.
Applications in English or German should be sent as a single PDF file including a cover letter, CV, certificates and contact information of at least one professional reference quoting Ref. No. CFIT02 to personal(at)imb-mainz.de.
Deadline for applications: 20 October 2016
Starting date: First quarter of 2017 with an initial contract for 2 years including an option for extension.