Entering edit mode
6.6 years ago
AABI ▴ 130
Hands-on Training in Metagenomics Data Analysis
Nov 14 - 17, 2017
National Institutes of Health
9000 Rockville Pike
Building 60, Room 162
Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
This training will introduce participants to the end-to-endsolutions for analyzing metagenomic data, starting from data quality analysis, alignment, community profiling, taxonomic comparison and novel taxa discovery.
Hands-on Skills/Tools Taught
- Processing and Analysis : mothur, FLASh
- Analysis : Permanova
- Analysis : ANOSIM
- Marker analysis : LEfSe
- Marker analysis : QIIME
- Functional analysis : PICRUSt
- Metagenomics analysis : A5miseq
- Contig annotation : MEGAN
- Functional analysis : bioBakery
- Advanced visualizations : phyloseq
- Network analysis : Cytoscape
- Participants will work with a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment in the Amazon Cloud, that is specially configured to run popular open source metagenomics analysis tools.
- Participants will be provided with free access to the fully configured Amazon Machine Image for their personal use after the training.
- Participants will also receive a cookbookstyle manual for all the handson exercises.
- After training support is also provided through exclusive members only forum.
- Hands-on training provided by NIH researchers active in the field of metagnomics
For more information and registration, please visit the following page;
Yes, see here. FYI, you can see the entire list of FAES courses here.
The February 21 scheduled course (link here) is actually cancelled. It is possible that we might do this course in a later date this year.