Hands-on Training in Advanced RNA-Seq Analysis
October 31-November 3, 2017
National Institutes of Health
9000 Rockville Pike
Building 60, Room 162
Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Participants will start with learning to use two different suite of programs (Tuxedo Vs Trinity) and compare their results for differential expression analysis. Participants will then learn advanced RNA-Seq analysis techniques and tools for detecting snps, fusion genes, allele specific expressions, circular RNAs,viral/bacterial sequence identification, alternative polyadenylation and transcriptional regulatorynetwork analysis.
Hands-on Skills/Tools Taught
- Differential expression analysis : Tuxedo tools
- Differential expression analysis : Trinity tools
- Fusion gene analysis : Tophat-Fusion
- SNP detection : GATK
- Allele specific expression : WASP
- Circular RNA identification : circexplorer
- Alternative polyadenylation : DaPars
- Viral integration : VirusFinder
- Network analysis : Cytoscape
- Participants will work with a Graphic User Interface based Linux Desktop environment in the Amazon Cloud, that is specially configured to run popular open source RNA-Seq analysis tools.
- Participants will be provided with free access to the fully configured Amazon Machine Image for their personal use after the
- Participants will also receive a cookbook style manual for all the handson exercises.
- After training support is also provided through exclusive members only forum.
- Hands-on training provided by NIH researchers active in the field of RNA-Seq analysis
For more information and registration, please visit the following page; Information and Registration