We are looking for an experienced full-stack software engineer to help develop software systems that assist scientific research at Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU). Specifically, we are looking for a software developer to help design, implement, and support a platform that manages the clinical and scientific information associated with clinical trials for cancer treatment.
- Server-side: Java, C#, and/or Python
- Database Design/Data Modeling
- Object-oriented design
- Unix command line and shell scripting
- Database: SQL
Process and tools
- Agile Software Development Methodology
- Source Control tools: Git and/or Subversion
- Integration and Release tools: ANT
Education, Experience, and Abilities
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field and/or 5-years hands-on software development experience.
- Ability to break down complex problems into component parts
- Communicates effectively with both developers and non-technical personnel
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with biological or other relevant science, especially cancer research.
- Programming in R and/or MatLab including plotting and image processing
- Familiarity with Scientific Data Management
- Familiarity with Data Security Requirements, such as HIPAA
Please include a cover letter and resume with your application.
TO APPLY, or for MORE DETAILS: Go to "Find a Job" at the OHSU Jobs site (https://ais.ohsu.edu/OA_HTML/IrcVisitor.jsp) and search for job posting ID: IRC50158.