I am a bioinformatics PhD student of a University, ranking top 150 in the world. As I seldom communicated with others about jobs, so I know very little about price in workplace, especially faculty jobs in University. I don't know where I can find a job and I am at a loss for my future. That's why I post this question. I want to invite you to assess my current works and to see which position I can take in faculty. Thanks a lot. My publication is as following:
- Nature Genetics (letter, 6th co-first author, 6 co-first authors totally)
- Nature Communications (article, 5th co-first author, 6 co-first author totally)
- Genomics (article, 2nd co-first author, 3 co-first author totally)
- PLOS ONE (article, 2nd co-first author, 5 co-first author totally)
- Nature Genetics (correspondence, co-author)
- 3 patents (I only have the right of authorship, and don't have the right use)
I really appreciate it if seniors or anyone can give me some advice that what kind of faculty jobs I can find in universities, for example in 500-560 world ranking universities. Or any opinions in industry area are also welcome.
Edit after six years of first post:
Thank you for all of your advice. After obtaining PhD degree with another new paper (IF<5) where I am first author, I got a faculty position in a university ranking ~500 in the world 4 years ago. Now I am switched to do a Postdoc research in a top2 University. I think all these are good experience for me.