Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Feinberg School of Medicine (FSM), Northwestern University, is looking for Staff Bioinformatician/Postdoctoral Researcher.
- support of basic and clinical researchers within the division;
- analysis of NGS (RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, WGBS) and microarray data;
- assisting grants and manuscripts preparation;
- education and training of the researchers in the division via one-on-one sessions and group meetings;
- communication with FSM IT and High-Performance Computational Cluster teams;
- integration of the clinical information (RedCap and in house databases) into bioinformatic pipelines.
Successful candidate must have Bachelor or advanced degree and working experience in bioinformatics, computer science or related fields. Other qualifications: excellent communication and organizational skills, attention to details, project management skills, be familiar with unix environment, R/Bioconductor, perl, python, d3, plotly, shiny, version control (github), genomic data repositories and databases, main NGS and microarray pipelines, etc. Understanding of the lung biology, epithelial cell biology or immunology is a plus.
This position offers opportunity to participate in collaborative research and to work on independent project as well. Excellent opportunities for professional and career growth.
How to apply:
Start date: available immediately. Please send a short cover letter, a CV and the names of 2-3 references in a single pdf file to Alexander Misharin (a-misharin at northwestern.edu).