PierianDx is looking for a self driven talented molecular biologist for the post of variant analyst at its Pune, India center.
Ph.D in genetics/genomics/molecular biology with a minimum of 1 year of work experience OR Masters degree in bioinformatics, molecular biology, genetics or biotechnology with a min. 4 years of work experience.
- Strong experimental handle on basic molecular biology techniques.
- Technical understanding in genetics, genomics of human disease and molecular biology.
- Good understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (For example: GenBank, RefSeq, ENSEMBL, dbSNP etc).
- Experience in interpretation of cancer genome variants is a plus
- Experience with analysing large genomic data sets and exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data will be a plus
- Previous experience as an experimental scientist is a big plus
- Proficiency in communicating and understanding of genetic variant details
- Intellectual curiosity to pursue the unknown and to continuously learn
- A dedicated team-worker, having good verbal and written communication skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility of patient variants interpretation
- Timely delivery of quality report
- Scope out work and estimation of timeline
- Systematic documentation of daily tasks and processes
- Carry out QC of the data curated
- Evaluating peer-reviewed experimental research and annotation databases
Interested candidates should send their CV to email@example.com.
(Again, please note that the location for this job is Pune, India)