Lodo Therapeutics is a drug discovery and development company focused on the creation of novel therapeutics derived from nature that will impact patients around the world. Lodo seeks to work in partnership with global pharmaceutical companies and world leading non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) to tackle some of the greatest challenges in human health: drug-resistant microbial infections and cancers.
Lodo Therapeutics is seeking an independent, flexible and high-energy Bioinformatic Scientist to join our drug discovery team at our laboratories in the Alexandria Center, New York City. In collaboration with a fast-paced discovery team of chemists, structural biologists and biochemists, the individual will be responsible for analysis of next generation sequencing data including the application of bioinformatics pipelines, report generation and developing information products. You will assist in transitioning NGS processing pipelines to AWS infrastructure, and will institute best CI/CD practices for our incoming data and analytical software. The team is using sequence information to discover new natural products from the microbial metagenome.
- Develop and implement analysis approaches
- Implement, execute and document NGS data analysis workflows
- Analyze sequencing data using established workflows
- Assist in management of experimentally produced data sets
- Document and present results in written or oral reports to other lab members
- Working with the scientific and bioinformatic staff to determine the appropriate storage medium/database for processed NGS data and critical long-term data. Implement, execute and document NGS data analysis workflows
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES:
- BS or MS degree in bioinformatics, computer science, biology, biochemistry or similar
- Demonstrated exposure to NGS data analysis
- Excellent programming skills in R, Python, BASH
- Experience working in a Linux environment
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exposure or training in NGS data analysis; experience with microbiome datasets is a plus
- Experience establishing applications and data processing workflows on AWS, ideally in the context of NGS data processing
- Experience in the AWS ecosystem and/or AWS Certification heavily favored.
Lodo Therapeutics identifies and produces bioactive natural products directly from the microbial DNA sequence information contained in soil. Information encoded in bacterial genomes, not experimental serendipity, drives our discovery of new medicines. Not constrained by traditional culture-based approaches to natural products drug discovery, Lodo Therapeutics has unlocked a vast trove of overlooked compounds evolutionary selected for processes essential for life. For information, visit our website recent C&EN article.
Please send a COPY of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Lodo Therapeutics Corporation Reference Job Code: 16-004-BioStars Attn: Human Resources 430 E 29th St, Suite 845, New York, NY 10016 T: 646-828-5950 F: 646-828-5989