Learn how to analyze biological big data to unlock the next big biotech discovery.
Bioinformatics Scientist is expected to grow rapidly in the next several years and have roughly 10,000 new job openings from 2014-2024 (O*Net Online).
Medical Scientist is expected to grow at 8% from 2014-2024 resulting in 9,000 new jobs (BLS).
Top industries are the government, private, scientific, and technical services sectors for careers in positions such as bioinformatician, bioinformatics analyst, bioinformatics software engineer, and bioinformatics scientist (O*net online).
What You'll Learn:
- How to align DNA/RNA and protein sequences and the theory behind the algorithms that make them possible
- The effects of mutations on cellular processes and the structure of proteins
- How to generate model structure of proteins
- Basic R programming to analyze biological data
- How to apply packages in the R environment to typical problems in bioinformatics