Job Title: Principal Scientist I/II, Bioinformatics Oncology Location: Shanghai, China
Eli Lilly and Company has been dedicated to meeting health care needs of people around the world primarily by developing innovative medicines. As an integral part of our global R&D enterprise, Lilly Oncology Discovery China aims at improving the health of cancer patients in China and worldwide. If you are interested in building a new research program in oncology and career development opportunities in China, you are encouraged to review and consider this excellent opportunity in Lilly China.
This position supports the implementation of informatics solutions for Lilly China Research and Development Center (LCRDC) Oncology efforts in Shanghai, China. This position is responsible for the development and support of software tools for analysis of next generation sequencing data. The position requires knowledge of NGS analysis and the flexibility to develop novel strategies and tools. This role will report directly to Head of LCRDC IT and follow a global reporting line.
The successful candidate for this role will
- Provide data analysis support to the drug discovery efforts
- Collaborate with LRL IT informatics group to enhance data quality control and integration platform; identify new technologies / capabilities to manage "-omics" data.
- Work in conjunction with translational scientists and discovery biologists in China and United States; identify opportunities to improve our LRL Research informatics capabilities and NGS pipeline to deliver innovation and value to our LRL Research efforts.
- Develop and apply systems biology and genomic approaches to support target identification, patient tailoring, mechanistic characterization of cancer and compound activity or biomarker efforts.
- PhD. with Postdoc or equivalent experience in bioinformatics or computer science or mathematics, with some education or experience in life sciences, such as biology or computational biology.
- Experience with bioinformatics technologies, such as Next-Generation Sequencing data analysis, Exome sequence, RNA-seq and SNP array.
- Experience with RNA-seq data analysis and alignment algorithms such as TopHat, STAR and Cufflinks
- Strong experience and skill with Unix-based computer systems and languages.
- Experience in developing data analysis pipelines using R, PERL and Python.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Able to work independently with excellent problem solving skills
- Team player who can gain the cooperation and support of customers and end users.
- Experience with visualization packages such as spotfire, tableau or equivalent tools is desired
- Experience in Pharmaceutical company or life science industry is desired
- Knowledge or training in oncology life science is desired
Contact Vivian.email@example.com if you have interest to apply.