Name of the post: Senior Bioinformatics Test Engineer
Location: Senapati Bapat Road, Pune, India
PierianDx (www.pieriandx.com), a leader in the clinical genomics space, is currently seeking a talented, motivated Bioinformatician as a senior test/automation engineer at its Pune, India location.
As a Senior Bioinformatics Test Engineer, you will work in a cross functional team to perform verification and validation for a clinical NGS workflow and analysis platform.
- PhD or masters degree in bioinformatics
- Minimum 5 years of job experience
- Strong exposure to Next Generation Sequencing tools/data sets. Hands-on experience with sequence alignment and variant analysis using NGS.
- Familiarity with elementary concepts of genetics (chromosome, gene, allele, transcript, CNV, SNP/InDel)
- Proficiency in programming/scripting languages preferably Python and linux.
- Good understanding of genomic databases and their annotations (For example: GenBank, RefSeq, dbSNP etc).
- Previous working experience involving Bioinformatics software development or testing is preferred.
- Proficiency in communicating an understanding of genetics details
- You have an enthusiastic can-do mentality and have good verbal and written communication skills.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Work in a cross-functional team and lead the requirement elaboration and testing effort for Bioinformatics software.
- Have discussions with the product Manager and understand features to be developed and tested.
- Writing functional test cases, testing and reporting bugs
- Decide the scenarios to automate using test automation framework.
- Develop tools and utilities for Bioinformatics verification and validation.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to email@example.com