The Bioinformatics Core of McDermott Center for Human Growth and Development at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas solicits applications for Computational Biologist I & II.
Candidates will work as part of a team in Center\'s Bioinformatics Core to maintain and revise reliable high performance next-generation sequencing (NGS) data analysis pipeline systems, to process/analyze data in a reliable and timely fashion.
Candidates must have good customer service and communication skills with faculty scientists and sequencing core.
- Perform professional work in support of scientific research using technical knowledge of software, software development, networking, and/or hardware in a complex computing environment.
- Perform complex data analysis related to specialized research methodologies and results as assigned.
- Develop and/or modify software to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Develop and maintain complex databases to support new and ongoing research projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Visit us at: http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/labs/bioinformatics-core/. Contact: Chao Xing, Ph.D., firstname.lastname@example.org
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas is an equal opportunity employer.
Experience & Education Required
- Master's or Doctor's degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, or Statistics.
- Experienced with Linux.
- Experienced with scripting languages such as Python and Perl.
- Experience with R.