Bioinformatics Engineer, clinical data / healthcare experience needed.
MolecularMatch’s Scientific team is expanding and we are looking for someone with knowledge and experience in Cancer Genomics Bioinformatics. The Bioinformatics Engineer will be involved in our ongoing projects for clinical decision support based on molecular profiling ranging from NGS to mass spec. He/She will gain experience working as part of an interdisciplinary multifunctional project team and exposure to the startup community in Houston at the Texas Medical Center Innovation Institute (TMCx).
As a Bioinformatics Engineer at MolecularMatch, your primary responsibility will be maintaining and developing bioinformatics solutions that will be integrated into the MolecularMatch API and our other hosted products. You will need a certain level of familiarity and experience in processing human NGS data for identifying genomic coordinates, transcripts mapping, and protein domain identification based on primary literature. You will support the scientific team in interconversion of file formats, lend your expertise in NGS analysis pipelines to understand customers’ needs, and liaison with the Development team in pushing work products into the system.
MolecularMatch is an agile and innovative clinical informatics company based in the heart of the Texas Medical Center. It is our vision to improve the quality of precision medicine, resulting in more accurate treatment options for cancer patients and improved patient outcomes. At MolecularMatch you will work closely with knowledge scientists, clinicians and software developers to expand our offerings. We offer competitive compensation and benefits in a flexible working environment to accommodate modern families.
· BS/MS in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science or related field
· Next Generation Sequencing for DNA and RNA sequencing data analysis in the cloud with an understanding of results interpretation is a requirement.
· Applicant should have a minimum of 2+ years of experience in a similar position including general experience in Life Sciences, Genomics, or Pharmaceutical industries.
· Bioinformatics analysis pipeline development and maintenance for genomics application.
· Software validation design, and integration into analysis pipeline.
· Experience with statistical and mathematical modeling with genomic data preferred
· Experience with LIMS and databases preferred
· Experience with molecular data in Electronic Medical Records preferred
· Must be eager and willing to learn in a fast paced environment
All interested candidates should submit their resume and cover letter to Christen Hellman at email@example.com
Learn more about us at www.MolecularMatch.com