Launched in 2015, Q2 Solutions is a leading global clinical trials laboratory services organization. We help biopharmaceutical, medical device and diagnostics customers improve human health through innovation that transforms science and data into actionable medical insights. Q2 Solutions is a quality driven, responsive partner with strong global experience and deep scientific and medical expertise. The Q2 Solutions joint venture was formed by Quintiles and Quest Diagnostics, combining the best of each parent organizations clinical trials laboratory services capabilities. Description
EA Genomics, a division of Q2 Solutions, is a premier genomic services organization, excelling in implementing technologies and services to accelerate research in complex human diseases and the optimal treatment and diagnosis thereof. The software infrastructure for analysis and processing in support of those services makes use of a combination of open-source and custom-built, specialized application software.
The Bioinformatics Data Services group within EA Genomics is a multidisciplinary group that works alongside bioinformaticists, software engineers, and laboratory professionals to process and deliver next-gen sequencing (NGS) data. In addition to interacting both with clients and groups within our organization regarding bioinformatic analyses, the group monitors general system health and contributes to improvements in our tools and processes.
Provide technical expertise as part of an operations oriented bioinformatics team to develop and maintain programs that meet internal and external clients’ needs. Develop or commission solutions for client and/or business needs based on requests or direct/indirect indications. Implement project related solutions to the full scope of scientific and/or bioinformatics programming tasks. Gather and coordinate team efforts around a project or client as needed.
- Evaluate computational efficiency of large-scale scientific computing systems, such as those needed for genomic sequencing, identifying scientific system software components in need of improvement or replacement.
- Manage infrastructure (SW updates/HW replacements) to support large-scale scientific computing projects, such as genomic sequencing.
- Assist Sr. Bioinformaticist in the analysis of client projects or conduct analysis of smaller scale projects independently.
- Develop programming documentation including plans and specifications, as appropriate.
- Provide bioinformatics technical expertise in conjunction with internal and external clients, and independently bring project solutions to teams and department.
- Perform and potentially plan the development, implementation and validation of new product technologies and applications.
- May manage budget and resource requirements; understanding budget and quote assumptions.
- May provide training and guidance to new and lower level staff
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong foundational knowledge in Linux/UNIX-based systems
- Proficiency in computing languages such as C/C++, Perl, Shell scripting with Bash environment or similar general purpose programming languages
- Familiarity with quantitative tools or languages such as R, SAS, or related analysis software
- Proficiency in SQL is desired
- Good organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and projects
- Strong level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, biology, genetics or related field and 4 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree or educational equivalent in bioinformatics, statistics, computer science, biology, genetics or related field and 2 years of relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience; or PhD or educational equivalent in computer science, bioinformatics, statistics, genetics/molecular biology, or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Extensive use of telephone, computer aided, and face-to-face communication requiring accurate perception of speech and clear articulation and idea formation.
- Extensive use of keyboard requiring repetitive motion of fingers
- Occasional travel
- Regular sitting for extended periods of time.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Primary Location: USA-North Carolina-Research Triangle Park
Organization: USA16 - US - Q2Solutions