Metagenomics Analysis with MEGAN6
Learn how to use the most powerful interactive microbiome analysis tool
When? 17 - 19 October 2017
Where? Frankfurt, Germany
In a nutshell
- Learn the fundamentals of NGS
- Understand read alignment to a reference database
- Preprocess alignment files for MEGAN6
- Explore results in MEGAN6
- Write small scripts for batch analyses
This introductory workshop provides an intensive training in how to use MEGAN6.
MEGAN6 is a comprehensive toolbox for interactively analyzing microbiome data. It comprises all the interactive tools you need for your metagenomics analysis.
- Taxonomic analysis using the NCBI taxonomy or a customized taxonomy such as SILVA
- Functional analysis using InterPro2GO, SEED, eggNOG or KEGG
- Bar charts, word clouds, Voronoi tree maps and many other charts
- PCoA, clustering and networks
- Supports metadata
- MEGAN6 parses many different types of input
All participants will learn how to use both the Community and Ultimate Editions of MEGAN6. For the latter, everyone will get a free 30 day license key.
Find more information and/or register here