DNASTAR, Inc. (Madison, WI)
Due to company growth, we are seeking a highly talented and motivated Software Engineer to join our Structural Biology team in the area of computational structure prediction, protein design, and structural bioinformatics. The successful candidate will collaborate in the research, development, and scientific validation of new modeling and simulation techniques for membrane proteins as well as the commercialization of software workflows with these tools. It is expected that the candidate will work in a team environment using an Agile software development process. These efforts will provide better descriptions of protein stability, specificity, and flexibility to customers -- ultimately leading to an increased understanding of structure-function relationships and an improved ability to enrich protein design experiments with desired traits.
- Masters, PhD, or equivalent in biochemistry, computational biology, computer science, molecular biology, structural biology, or a related discipline
- Expert skills and experience in Java or C++ and related tools
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and development
- Working experience with the experimental or computational aspects of protein structure, function, and design
- Proficient in tools and algorithms used for computational design and analysis of proteins
- Proven ability to work productively on a team
- Commitment to quality in product and code (e.g. Agile and test-driven development)
- 1 or more years of commercial software development or equivalent industry experience
- Proficiency using Windows, macOS (OS X), and Linux platforms
- Experience developing for the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP)
- Experience developing software for multiple platforms
- Experience developing software for life scientists
- Leadership in identifying and adopting new technology
- Experience interfacing with computer clusters, preferably cloud-based
- Comfortable with large, complex datasets and machine learning algorithms
DNASTAR is a leading developer of desktop computer software for molecular and structural biologists. Established in 1984, our products are used by pharmaceutical, biotech and academic researchers in more than 90 countries. We have a team oriented work environment, along with a competitive health, dental and 401k benefits package.
To apply, visit our LinkedIn Jobs page. For more information, please ask in comments below.