We are looking for a system administrator and developer to join our production team to develop and maintain informatics solutions handling the production’s internal data flow. The job will include development of automated solutions for processing Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data and extensive system integration (LIMS, databases, clusters). You will work with cutting edge technologies, at the intersection between research and application. More information about the position can be provided by Ellen Sherwood (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Phil Ewels (email@example.com).
For more information see: https://kth.mynetworkglobal.com/en/what:job/jobID:174430/
The National Genomics Infrastructure (NGI, https://ngisweden.scilifelab.se/about) is the largest technological platform at SciLifeLab. It is a national resource that offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure for massively parallel DNA sequencing and SNP genotyping, available to researchers all over Sweden. We hope to enable world leading research by enabling access to cutting edge genomics technologies, in addition to providing guidelines and support for sample collection, study design, protocol selection and bioinformatics analysis.
We are looking for a system developer to join our production team to develop and maintain informatics solutions handling the production’s internal data flow. A background in biological sciences is not required. Examples of typical duties include:
- System administration of core IT systems
- Coordination of software deployments and maintenance of analysis servers
- Automation of data transfers and analysis pipelines
- Maintenance and development of internal information databases
- Visualizations of processes and results
- Surveillance of data transfers and analysis pipelines
- Degree in computer science/system development or corresponding competence
- Excellent programming skills, experience with Python, alternatively Perl, Java or C/C++
- Experience with version control software, such as git, subversion etc.
- Experience of using Linux/UNIX systems
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Excellent skills in spoken and written English
- Experience of Ansible deployments
- Experience in using computational clusters (HPC and/or Cloud)
- Experience in web application development and database administration
- Experience of using LIMS (Laboratory Information Management Systems)
- Interest or experience in bioinformatics, sequencing and working with large volumes of data (e.g. NGS data)