PharmGKB.org is a leader in the field of pharmacogenomics. We combine our curators’ scientific expertise with our developers’ coding expertise to catalog and deliver valuable knowledge to our users and collaborators. Our coders gather data from many sources and deliver knowledge to our users via web applications, REST APIs, and desktop applications.
- Design, develop, and support software and systems for serving the needs of PharmGKB.
- Work with scientific curators, collaborators, and general-public users to research and develop tools that serve the needs of all the people we work with.
- Document system builds and application configurations; maintain and update documentation as needed.
- Provide technical analysis, design, development, conversion, and implementation work.
- Serve as a technical resource for applications.
- Compare, evaluate, and implement new features and technologies, and integrate them into our system.
- Follow team software development methodology.
- Mentor lower level software developers.
* - Other duties may also be assigned.
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: - Expertise in modeling, developing, testing, and deploying data models and APIs to serve those models. - Proficiency with web application development, relational data models, and RESTful methodologies. - Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications. - Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients. - Ability to lead activities on structured team development projects. - Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree and three years of relevant experience or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Current knowledge of latest software and design standards.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for technical applications.
- Knowledge of and ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Basic knowledge of software engineering principles.
- Strong knowledge of at least one programming language.
You can apply at the Stanford Careers site. This position is full-time and on-site.